Blind Dog Radio

Jake Leg Blues by Willie Lofton

Jake Leg Blues - Willie Lofton; C position, standard tuning.

I said, jake leg, jake leg, jake leg, jake leg, tell me what in the world you gonna do
I said, jake leg, jake leg, jake leg, tell me what in the world you gonna do
I say, you done drunk so much o' that, oh Lord, 'til it done give him the limber leg
(spoken, Yeah!)

I say, I know the jake leg, oh Lord, just as fur as I can hear the poor boy walk

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I said, the people drink thei' jake on the roadside, oh Lord, they even throw thei' bottle away
I said the people drink thei' jake on the roadside, oh Lord, they even throw thei' bottle away
Whoa, the jake left 'em with a present, oh Lord, that's keep 'em company ever' day

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, Lord,
Chillun keep on cryin', wonderin', "What in the world poor Daddy gonna do?"
I say, he done drunk so much o' that, oh Lord, 'til it done give him the limber leg

Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama cried out and said, "Oh Lord, there's nothin in the world poor daddy can do.
'Cause he done drink so much o' that, oh Lord, 'til he got the limber leg, too."