Blind Dog Radio

Hard Luck Blues by Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly

Hard Luck Blues - Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly; Slim: guitar tuned D#G#C#F#BD#, sounding in B, Jelly: A position, standard tuning, in B Slim, vocal.

Well, hard luck has got me, and I sure can't smile no mo'
Yeah, hard luck has got me, and I sure can't smile no mo'
I ain't got no money, and I sure, Lord, ain't got no place to go

I give you my money, darlin', to buy your shoes and clothes
Yes, I give you my money, darlin', to buy your shoes and clothes
But you take my money, take the Lord to tell me where you go

Ummm, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord
Ummm, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord
For the one that I'm lovin', Lord, she treat me like a dog

If I ever get well and get on my feet again
Yes, if I ever get well and get on my feet again
You gon' need my help, baby, and I won't be nobody's friend