Blind Dog Radio

Fare Thee Well Blues (Fat Possum Version) by Joe Callicott

Fare Thee Well Blues, Fat Possum version - Joe Callicott; D position, standard tuning.

Said there's something, something, that's keep a-worryin' my mind
Well there's something, baby, keep a-worryin' my mind
Well I'm sittin' down thinking 'bout you all the time

Said when you and your good man get so you can't agree
Ah when you and your good man get so you can't agree
Kick and slam my doors, come and take poor me

Takin' rocks and gravel, well, to make a solid road
It take rock and gravel to build up a solid road
Take a brownskin woman to satisfy my soul

And I'm goin’ back to Memphis, Tennessee, doggone baby well
…Tennessee
Where the brownskin women they do care for me

Well I'm a poor old boy, great long ways from home
Oh I'm a poor ol' boy, great long ways from home
I ain't got nobody to carry my good work on

I'm gonna jack me a paling, well, from my yard's back fence
I'm gonna snatch me a paling from my yard back fence
I'm gonna whup that woman, and try to learn her some sense

Ah well you spend my money, can't wear my clothes
…can't wear my clothes
Well, you mistreat me, woman, like a man you never seen before

Well I'm going, going, where I came from, in the morning, sweet baby
Well I'm...
Well I'm goin’ where I just come from

(solo)

Said now where was you when your rooster crowed 'fore day
Well, now where were you, rooster crowed 'fore day
Said I wasn't at home, gettin' out on my way

Well, don't a woman act funny when she fixin' to put you down
Ah don't a woman act funny when she fixin' to put you down
Said she get to the place, she don't want you 'round