Blind Dog Radio

Yellow Yam Blues by Yank Rachell

Yellow Yam Blues - Yank Rachell; Yank Rachell, vocal and guitar in G position, standard tuning, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Alfred Elkins, bass cano, Washboard Sam, washboard.

INTRO

I know you read about me, you know I'm a stranger in your land
I know you read about me, Lord, you know I am a stranger in your land
You know, I'm that tater-diggin' man, I just want to tangle up in your potato vine

I know your tater need diggin', Lord, the milk has run out of your potato vines
I know your tater need diggin', Lord, them milk has run out of your potato vines
That's why I wanna dig your potatoes, you know I'm wild about your yellow yam

SOLO (Spoken: Yeah, take them yam on down, boy!)

You know, them yellow yams, them yellow yams, Lord, them yellow yams restin' on my mind
You know, them yellow yams, them yellow yams, them yellow yams is restin' on my mind
If I catch some man grabbin' my potatoes, Lord, I believe I'll lose my mind

I said now, come down in my basement, I want you to walk around on my second floor
Lord, come down in my basement, I want you to walk around on my second floor
If you want some good diggin' done, have to come down there and knock on my door