Blind Dog Radio

Yellow Woman Blues by Buddy Boy Hawkins

Yellow Woman Blues - Buddy Boy Hawkins; Buddy Boy Hawkins, vocal and guitar in Spanish tuning.

INTRO

High yellow woman, she have poison like a rattlesnake
I'm talkin' 'bout a yellow woman, boy, I, she have poison like a rattlesnake
And when they get started, boys, there's no puttin' on no brake

(Spoken: I'm gon' tell your boys!) Some people scream for trouble, and not satisfied with peace
Some people scream for trouble, and not satisfied with peace (Spoken: I know that's right.)
Just get you a high yalla', and trouble won't never cease

(Spoken: Listen here, boys!) Trouble and worries have killed more people than eve'ything else (Spoken: I know that's right!)
I'm talkin' 'bout troubles and worries, partner, will kill you quicker than eve'ything else (Spoken: How come I know? 'Cause it killed my Ma.)
And if it get over to you, don't blame nobody else but yourself (Spoken: Now listen here!)

Boys, if you hear this song again, and don't take my egvice [sic] (Spoken: I'm talkin' 'bout, and don't take my egvice. You better take my egvice, too!)
If you hear this song, boys, and don't take my egvice (Spoken: What I want you to do? How come?)
'Cause it might cause you, partner, to lose your life

OUTRO