Blind Dog Radio

Katy Mae Blues by Tommy McClennan

Katy Mae Blues - Tommy McClennan; G position, standard tuning.

SOLO

Katy Mae, I love you for my own, Katy Mae
Katy Mae, I love you for my own, Katy Mae
Katy Mae, I love you, baby, don't care what you do

Now if you make any money, Katy Mae
If you make any money, Katy Mae
If you make any money, Katy Mae, bring it home to me

Katy Mae is a good-lookin' woman, now, but she stays out all night long
Katy Mae is a good-lookin' woman, but she stays out all night long
Katy Mae be doin' somethin', Lord, Lord, when you know it's wrong

You know I love you, Katy Mae, and that's why we can't get along (Spoken: Take your time. You don't need to hurry, you got all day to do this.)
You all know I love you, Katy Mae, and that's why we can't get along
Someday you, you gon' be sorry that you ever done poor Tommy wrong

I give you all my lovin', Katy Mae, what more can a poor man do? (Spoken: Take your time)
Give you all my lovin', Katy Mae, what more can a poor man do?
You's a sweet little girl, but I swear you won't be true

Now, how can I do right, now babe, and you won't do right yourself? (Spoken: Teh-heh. Moan it, then!)
How can I do right now, Katy Mae, you won't do right yourself?
Before you love me, baby, you wants to love somebody else

Now Katy Mae, she won't wash, now, and she won't starch my clothes (Spoken: Yes, yes-yes-yes-yes)
Katy Mae, she won't wash now, she won't starch and iron my clothes (Spoken: What she do?)
Katy Mae won't do nothin', oh oh, but walk the road