Blind Dog Radio

Dark Muddy Bottom by Mercy Dee Walton

Dark Muddy Bottom - Mercy Dee; Piano, in D, and unknown drummer.

I have walked down so many turnrows, I can see them all in my sleep
I've walked down so many turnrows, I can see them all in my sleep
Sharecroppin' down here in this dark muddy bottom, with nothin' but hardtack and sorghums to eat

At 4:30 I'm out in the barnyard, tryin' to hook up my poor, beat-out, raggedy team
At 4:30 I'm out in the barnyard, tryin' to hook up my poor, beat-out, raggedy team
As my stock is dyin' of starvation, and my boss is so doggone mean

SOLO

There's got to be a change made around here, people, I'm not jivin', that's a natch'l fact
There's got to be a change made around here, people, I'm not jiving, that's a natch'l fact
I'm gonna jump up on one of these old poor mules and start ridin', and I don't give a durn where we stop at