Blind Dog Radio

Gay Cattin' by Papa Charlie Jackson

Gay Cattin' (Take 2) - Papa Charlie Jackson; D position.

Went out last night spent a lot of dough
My baby got mad 'cause I couldn't spend no more

Baby baby baby, baby baby baby babe

Now what I spent I really wasn't able
But when I found my self setting at a cabaret table

Some people take money for a joke
But I spent and spent until I got broke

Went to a friend to try to borrow or lend
Now the money he had he really done spent

Now I got angry, I got mad
'cause money was a thing that I've always had

Now since I'm broke I think I'm going home
'cause there ain't no chance we ever rollin' them bones

Now I ain't no butcher shop, I ain't no steak
I'm a try my best to not make no mistake

Now if you don't believe that my music is good
You can ask anybody lives in my neighborhood