Blind Dog Radio

Dark Cloudy Blues by Sam Collins

Dark Cloudy Blues - Sam Collins; C position, standard tuning.

It's rainin' down, Lord, raining down from the sky
It's rainin' down, raining down from the sky
I done got wet all over, I'm gonna lay down and die

The sky is clear-learin' now, cloud has done gone to rest
The cloud is clear, Lordy, all done gone to rest
I b'lieve my soul my good gal done left this town

Let me be your sidetrack, mama, 'til your mainline come
Let me be your sidetrack, until your mainline come
I can do more switchin' than your mainline ever done

I'd rather be in Atlanta, Lord, any place I know
Rather be in Atlanta, any place I know
'Cause I got a home, Lordy, most anywhere I go

I'm not so good-lookin', got no curly hair
I'm not so good-lookin', got no curly hair
My L & N movement will take me 'most anywhere

Just as sure as my good gal gets back in this town
Just as sure as my good gal gets back in this town
I'm gonna quit grievin', it sure ain't gonna slow me down