Blind Dog Radio

You Can Mistreat Me Here by Tommy McClennan

You Can Mistreat Me Here - Tommy McClennan; C position, standard tuning.

INTRO

Now you can mistreat me here, but you can't when I go home
You can mistreat me here, but you can't when I go home
'Cause I got someone there will really make you leave me alone

Now I give you all my money, baby, what more can a poor man do?
Give you all my money, baby, hoo-hoo, what more can a poor man do?
You's a sweet little girl, baby, but you won't be true

Now I done told you once, now baby, and I don't want to have to tell you no more
(Spoken: Take your time, play it right before you go to Chicago.)
I done told you once, whoo, I don't want to tell you no more (Spoken: Tell me what?)
You can get all of my lovin' if you let that black man go

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Play the box, man! Yes! Yes! Yeah! Yeah!)
Mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmm

Now my Mama told me and my Papa sot and cried
My Mama told me and my Papa, he sot and cried (Spoken: What he say?)
Says, "Son, you're too young a man to have that many women your side."

I looked at my Mama and Papa, now now, and I never cracked a smile (Spoken: Yes, yes, yes, yes)
Looked at my Mama and Papa and I never cracked a smile (Spoken: What about it?)
I said, "The little woman I got kill me, Mama, Lord, I don't mind dyin'
Dee-dah, bee-bah, bah-bah-bah