Blind Dog Radio

Maltese Cat Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Maltese Cat Blues (20820-1) - Blind Lemon Jefferson, Chicago c. August 1928, Pm 12712, C position pitched C#.

(Say man, I went out gay cattin' last night, and my gal she threw a party for me. Oooh gee, it was tight like that!)

Rats is mean in my kitchen, I done lost my Maltese cat.
Rats is mean in my kitchen, and I've lost by Maltese cat.
I'm gonna make things right with my good gal, man, and it's tight like that.

I'm gon' start walkin', walk the shoes clean off of my feet.
I'm gon' start walkin', walk the shoes clean off of my feet.
Been thinkin' 'bout my mama, and, man, that woman sure is sweet.

I ain't got no suitcase, I just have me one bottle of gin.
I ain't got no suitcase, I stole me one bottle of gin.
I got to stay drunk to keep warm, because my clothes is so thin.

Long, lonesome train come passin' me a-flyin'.
Long, lonesome train come passin' me a-flyin'.
I was thinkin' 'bout my mama, and I didn't pay that train no mind.

When you've got a home, tired of Maltese cats,
When you got a home, and are tired of Maltese cats,
Get a good dark brownskin, man, it's tight like that.