Blind Dog Radio

Lawdy Lawdy Blues by Alabama Sheiks

Lawdy Lawdy Blues - Alabama Sheiks; Eddie West, fiddle, Ad Fox, guitar in G position, standard tuning.

I ain't gonna marry, ain't gonna settle down, doggone a-my soul, hey, Lordy Lord
I ain't gon' marry, I ain't gon' settle down
I'm gonna stay right chere to worry these high browns' minds

Cat's got the measles and the dog's got the whooping cough, doggone a-my soul, hey, Lordy Lord
The cat's got the measles, the dog's got the whooping cough
A mighty poor man let a woman be his boss

I hate to see that a-rising sun go down, doggone a-my, hey, Lordy Lord
I hate to see that rising sun go down
It seems to me it's gonna be my a-last go round

FIDDLE SOLO

A-well, a good-looking woman make a rabbit move his family to town, doggone a-my soul, hey, Lordy Lord
A good looking woman make a rabbit move his family to town
A long tall brown'll make a preacher throw his Bible down

Your house catch a-fire, Lord, there ain't no water round, doggone a-my soul,hey, Lordy Lord
The house catch afire, ain't no water round
Throw your high brown out the window, let the old shack burn down

A big fat woman with a-meat shakes on her bones, doggone a-my soul, hey, Lordy Lord
A big fat woman with meat shake on her bones
Every time she come around, some little woman done lost her home