Blind Dog Radio

Katy Lee Blues by Yank Rachell

Katy Lee Blues - Yank Rachell; Yank, vocal and guitar in G position, standard tuning, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Washboard Sam, washboard, William Mitchell, bass cano.

Well the people's all in a-wonder, the people all wanna know where is my home
Well the people's all a-wonder, the peoples all wanna know where is my home
You know my home is down on the border, mama, 'way down, where the water's cold

You know I'm tired of goin' from house to house, Lord, women slammin' doors all in my face
I'm tired of goin' from house to house, women slammin' doors all in my face
Every night when I go home, it's some man layin' down in my place

Mama, I went down to the landing, baby, I wondered, Lord, what train must I run
Lord, I went down to the landing, baby, and I wondered what train must I run
Lord but since I ain't in no big hurry, I believe I'll wait here, boys, for the Katy flyin'
(Spoken:Ah...take 'em on down now)

SOLO

You know my woman, my woman, Lord, my woman she don't believe in me
Lord, my little woman, Lord, my woman she don't believe in me
You know she was lookin' for me on the M&O, but I'm goin' home on the Katy Lee

I said I'm goin' over here to the drugstore, Lord, I believe I'll call my baby up (Spoken:Yes, Yes, Yes)
Lord, I'm goin' over here to the drugstore, Lord, and I believe I'll call my baby up
You know I done fooled around here in Chicago, I got my dandies all messed up.