Blind Dog Radio

I'm Growing Older by Herman E. Johnson

I Am Growing Older - Herman E. Johnson, E position, Standard tuning.

I am growing older, I am growing older
But I just can't help, I just can't help myself
After she got all my little pocket change
She run off with someone else

I can't tell hardly, I can't tell hardly
That's Monday from Tuesday, and Tuesday from Wednesday noon
But either Thursday, Friday or Saturday
By Sunday I'll be there soon

Now don't deny me, woman, don't deny me
That's all that I, that's all that I can do
But I want you to remember that
Someday you'll be old too

Now don't mistreat me, now don't mistreat me
Because I am growing, because I am growing old
Now you can have you another boyfriend
Without you being so bold

You treats me mean, gal, you treats me mean, gal,
And you treats me dirt-, filther [sic] and dirty, too
And you know there is no tellin' what
A gal like you won't do

SOLO

I'm gonna leave here walkin', gonna leave here walkin'
But I don't know where, I don't know where I will go
Because the woman I been lovin'
She drove me from her door

I got a gal crosstown, man, got a girl crosstown, man,
And she tall as a syca-, she's tall as a sycamore tree
She walks through the rain cold weather just
Man, just to be with me

But she's deceitful, man, she's deceitful
And she's tryin' to get, get me all worn down
After she get all my little pocket change
She gon' drive me from her town