Blind Dog Radio

Tin Pan Alley by Curtis Jones

Tin Pan Alley - Curtis Jones, Self-accompanied on piano.

Tin Pan Alley is a dirty place
The very place my baby love to stay, Lord,
Tin Pan Alley Blues is killin' me
And it's the woman down there, that I really want to see

She's little and cute, she's young and wild
I just wanta hold her in my arms a little while, so that these
Tin Pan Alley Blues can let me be
'Cause life would be so sweet, baby, if you only would agree

You see I love you for yourself
You just the kind of woman that don't seem to care, Lord, and,
Tin Pan Alley, baby, must be your home
When it ain't nothin' down there, honey, but blood and bones

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Yes, play it 'til 1972!)

Tin Pan Alley, it's way across town
Where the people kick the dog when the sun go down, mmm,
Hurry up, baby, and please make up your mind (spoken: Yes, yes)
'Cause a woman like you, baby, is so durn hard to find