Blind Dog Radio

Starvation Farm Blues by Bob Campbell

Bob Campbell - Starvation Farm Blues; E position, standard tuning.

SOLO

Say, I'm goin' to Detroit, find myself a job
Say, I'm goin' to Detroit, I'm gonna get myself a job
I'm tired of layin' around here, workin' on the starvation farm

Say, I'm goin' down and get me a job, workin' in Mr. Ford's place
I'm gonna get me a job, look-a-here, workin' in Mr. Ford's place
Say, that woman told me last night that you can not even stand Mr. Ford's way

Say, I got me a little old woman, five foot f'om the ground
I got me little bitty woman, five feet f'om the ground
She's five foot standin' and she's four feet lyrin' down

Say, I know my dog, baby, if I hear him bark
Said, I know my dog, babe, if I hear him bark
And I know my woman if I feel her in the dark

Say, you better stop your woman f'om smilin' in my face
You better stop your woman f'om smilin' in my face
Woman, if you keep on a-smilin', I'm sure gonna take your place