Blind Dog Radio

Lake Michigan Blues by Yank Rachell

Lake Michigan Blues - Yank Rachell, Yank Rachel, mandolin and vocal, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Elijah Jones, guitar in Spanish tuning.

INTRO SOLO

Says, I went to Lake Michigan, stood on the banks and cried
Well, I went to Lake Michigan, stood on the banks and cried
Says, I want to see my babe over yonder, but it was so long and deep and wide

Then I hung my head, baby, and I slowly walked away
Then I hung my head, baby, and I slowly walked away
I say, "That's all right, Lake Michigan, I hope you'll go dry someday."

Say, the moon got gloomy, Lord, the clouds begin to rise
Said, the moon got gloomy and the clouds begin to rise
I want to cross Lake Michigan, see my gal on the other side

And I fell down on my knees, babe, prayed, "What shall I do?"
Fell down on my knees and I prayed, "What shall I do?"
Says, I hope someday my baby want to cross Lake Michigan, too