Blind Dog Radio

Jail And Buddy Blues by Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly

Jail And Buddy Blues - Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly, A position, standard tuning, both guitarists.

SPOKEN: Jelly: Say, buddy, I want you to get me out of jail,
Slim: I wish I could.
Jelly: because I'm worried.
Slim: (chuckle) Too bad. Well, I wish I could, buddy, but you see, I'm in a mess myself.

SUNG: Jelly: Well, I'm settin' here in jail, and I don't know what it's all about (Slim, spoken: I know)
Well, I'm settin' here in jail, I don't know what it's all about
Says, I sent you for you, buddy, hoo, Lord, see if you could get me out

Slim: I just got outa jail myself, and I been lookin' for my check in this mail
I just got outa jail myself and I lookin' for my check in the mail
Now, you see, I am out on bail

Jelly: Say, boy, ask the jailer what in the world was I doin' in here
Say, boy, ask the jailer what in the world was I doin' in here
He said, "Maybe you got stock [sic] in this jail, hoo, well, well, you may be gettin' your shares

Slim: Yes, I am out now, but I soon may be back in
Yes, I am out now, but I soon may be back in
Now, soon Monday mornin', Lord, I got to meet court again