Blind Dog Radio

Hunkie Tunkie Blues by Charley Jordan

Hunkie Tunkie Blues - Charley Jordan, E position, standard tuning.

SOLO

Says, I'm goin' up town, tell the Chief Police
My woman done quit me, I can't see no peace
She keep me worried, bothered all the time
'Cause she keep me worried, I'm bothered all the time

Says, I love you woman, love your husband, too,
I have to love your husband get to be with you, because
He don't allow no playin' around his house, because
He don't allow no playin' around his house

Says, my mama told me, my papa, too,
"Don't let no woman be the death of you."
'Cause she didn't all ow me to stay out all night long
Because she didn't allow me to stay out all night long

What you goin' to do when they tear your barrelhouse down?
Goin' to pack my suitcase, hunt some other town, now
Gwine to do when they tear your barrelhouse down?
Goin' to pack my suitcase, hunt some other town

SOLO

Well, it's everybody's talkin' about your hunkie tunkie blues
Everybody's talkin' about your hunkie tunkie blues
Well, it's everybody's talkin' about your modern hunkie tunkie blues

Well, it's everybody's talkin' about your hunkie tunkie baby
You ought to see that curly-headed monkey, hear?
Head is curly, baby, and bushy, too
'Cause his head is curly, babe, and bushy, too

SOLO