Blind Dog Radio

Ninety-Nine Year Blues by Julius Daniels

Julius Daniels - 99 Year Blues, take 2; G position, standard tuning.

Bring me my pistol, three rounds of ball
I'm gonna kill everybody whopped the poor boy along
Poor boy along, poor boy along, poor boy along

On a Monday I was arrested, on a Tuesday I was tried
And the judge found me guilty and I hung my head and cried
Lord, and cried, Lord, and cried, Lord, and cried, Lord, and cried

SOLO

Says, I asked the judge what might be my fine
Says, "A pick and a shovel way down Joe Brown's coal mine."
Coal mine, coal mine, coal mine, coal mine, coal mine

SOLO

"Be light on me, judge, I ain't been here before."
"Give you ninety-nine years, don't come back here no more."
No more, no more, no more, my Lord

SOLO

"Be light on me, judge, ain't been here before."
"Give you ninety-nine years, don't come back here no more."
No more, no more, no more, my Lord, no more

SOLO