Blind Dog Radio

Vacation Blues by Johnny Howard

Johnny Howard - Vacation Blues; Johnny Howard, vocals and guitar in E position, standard tuning, unknown piano, bass and drums.

INTRO SOLO

I got a home in that rock, don't you see?
I've got a home in that rock, don't you see?
Just over 'hind the Smokey Mountains, just where the eagles build their nest

She got ways like the devil, she got hair like a horse's mane
She got way like the devil, she got hair like a horse's mane
She got Elgin movements from her head down to her toes

SOLO

When I take my vacation in Heaven, baby, please take your vacation with me
When I take my vacation in Heaven, baby, please take your vacation with me
I'll be laying around on the banks of Jordan, and I'll know that evergreen tree

If I could fly like a eagle, I wouldn't moan like a morning dove
If I could fly like a eagle, I wouldn't moan like a morning dove
When I get up in Heaven, I won't have to moan no more

NOTE: Johnny Howard was a blues guitarist, performer, and songwriter, active in the 1950s.