Blind Dog Radio

Aberdeen Mississippi Blues by Bukka White

Booker White - Aberdeen Mississippi Blues, cross-note tuning, with slide and Washboard Sam, washboard.

I was over in Aberdeen on my way to New Orleans
I was over in Aberdeen on my way to New Orleans, them Aberdeen women told me they would buy my gasoline

There's two little women that I ain't never seen
They has two little women that I ain't never seen, these two little women just from New Orleans

Oh, I'm sittin' down in Aberdeen with New Orleans on my mind
I'm sittin' down in Aberdeen with New Orleans on my mind, but I believe these Aberdeen women gonna make me lose my mind

SOLO

Aberdeen is my home but these mens don't want me around
Aberdeen is my home but the mens don't want me around, they know I would take these women and take them out of town

Listen you Aberdeen women, you know I ain't got no dime
Oh-oh, listen you women, you know I ain't got a dime, they been had the poor boy all hobbled down

SOLO