Blind Dog Radio

"44" Blues by Eugene Powell

Eugene Powell - .44 Blues, G position, standard tuning.

INTRO SOLO

Well, I walked all night long, with my .44 in my hand
Well, I walked all night long with my .44 in my hand
I says, I was lookin' for my woman, and I found out with another man

I thought I heard my baby sayin', she heard the .44 whistle blow (Spoken: I was shootin' at her)
I thought I heard my baby sayin', that she heard the .44 whistle when it blowed
And she said it blows just like, that it wasn't gonna blow the blues no more

SOLO

I wore my .44 so long, 'til it made my shoulder sore
I wore my .44 so long, and it made my shoulder
Now I gotta do what I wanta do, sweet mama, then I ain't gonna wear my .44 no more

I wore my .44 so long (Spoken: In a old shoulder scabbard, you know), 'til it made my shoulder sore
Wore my .44 so long, and it made my shoulder sore
After I do what I wanta do, then I ain't gonna wear my .44 no more