Blind Dog Radio

Maggie Campbell Blues by Tommy Johnson

Maggie Campbell Blues - Tommy Johnson.
Tommy Johnson, vocal and guitar in Spanish tuning, Charlie McCoy, guitar in A position, standard tuning.

INTRO SOLO

Cryin', who that yonder comin' down the road, coming down the road?
Mmmm, who that yonder, comin' down the road?
Says, it look like Maggie, baby, but she walk too slow

Now, sun gonna shine, my back door today, my back door someday, mmmmm
Sun gonna shine in my back door someday
And the wind goin' change, gon' blow my blues away

Now, see, see, rider, see what you done done, see what you done done, mmmmm
See, see, rider, see what you done done
You done made me love you, now you tryin to put me down
Well, I'm goin' away, Lord, won't be back 'til Fall, won't be back 'til Fall
Well I's goin' away, Lord, won't be back 'til Fall
If I meet my good gal, papa, won't be back at all

Now, who's that yonder comin' down the road, coming down the road? Mmmm
Who's that yonder, comin' down the road?
Says, it look like Maggie, baby, but she walk too slow

Mmm, goin' away, won't be back 'til Fall, won't be back 'til Fall
Well, I'm goin' away, Lord, won't be back 'til Fall
Said, if I meet my good gal, papa, won't be back at all