WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

Sail Away Ladies by Uncle Dave Macon & His Fruit Jar Drinkers

Sail Away Ladies - Uncle Dave Macon & His Fruit Jar Drinkers.
Uncle Dave, vocal and banjo, Mazy Todd, fiddle, Kirk McGee, fiddle and vocal, Sam McGee, guitar in G position, standard tuning and vocal.
NOTE: Kirk and Sam McGee sing the parenthetic response lines on the verses. The fiddles play the melody of the first line of the chorus.

Ever I get my new house done (sail away, ladies, sail away)
Give my old one to my son (sail away ladies, sail away)
(fiddles) Don't she rock, dai-dee-o
Don't she rock, dai-dee-o, don't she rock, dai-dee-o

Ever I get my new house done (sail away, ladies, sail away)
Give my old one to my son (sail away ladies, sail away)
(fiddles) Don't she rock, dai-dee-o
Don't she rock, dai-dee-o, don't she rock, dai-dee-o

Ain't no used to grieve and cry (sail away, ladies, sail away)
You'l be an angel, bye and bye (sail away, ladies, sail away)
(fiddles) Don't she rock, dai-dee-o

(SPOKEN: Kill yourself!)

Come along, boys, and go with me (sail away, ladies, sail away)
We'll go back to Tennessee (sail away, ladies, sail away)
(fiddles) Don't she rock, dai-dee-o
Don't she rock, dai-dee-o, don't she rock, dai-dee-o

(fiddles) Don't she rock, dai-dee-o
Don't she rock, dai-dee-o, don't she rock, dai-dee-o