WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

Baby Don't You Want To Go by Tommy McClennan

Baby Don't You Want To Go - Tommy McClennan,
C position, standard tuning.

Mmmmmmmm, baby, don't you want to go (Spoken: Take your time, now, make this one right!)
Mmmmmmmm, baby, don't you want to go? (Spoken: Go where?)
To that ol' land of California, sweet old Chicago (Spoken: Yeah!)

Now did you get that letter, dropped in your back yard?
I wants to come to see you, your best man got me barred, cry
REFRAIN: Oh, oh (Spoken: What is it?) baby, don't you want to go?
To that ol' land of Californ', sweet old Chicago

Now I don't drink because I'm dry, I drink because I'm blue
The reason I drink, pretty mama, now, I can't get along wit' you
REFRAIN: Mmmmmmmmmm, baby, don't you want to go? (Spoken: Yeah!)
To that ol' land of Californ', sweet old Chicago

Now look-a here, baby, don't have to tell you no more
You can get my lovin' if you just let him go, cry
REFRAIN: Oooohh, (Spoken: Play it man, long time!) baby, don't you want to go?
To that ol' land of Californ', sweet old Chicago (Spoken: Play it now, man!)

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Yes, yes! Yeah! Yes, yes! Yeah! Get 'er now, man!)

Mmmmmmmm, baby, don't you want to go? (Spoken: Yeah-heh)
Mmmmmmmm, baby, don't you want to go? (Spoken: Go where?)
To that ol' land of Californ', sweet old Chicago (Spoken: Yeah!)

Now my, my Mama told me, my Papa sot and cried
"Son, you're too young a man to have them women your side."
REFRAIN: She cried, "Look-a here, babe, I know you wants to go
To that ol' land of California, sweet old Chicago."

Oh, beep, beep beebop, deedah, dah, dah