Blind Dog Radio

Mailman Blues by Sleepy John Estes

Mailman Blues - Sleepy John Estes,
Accompanied by Robert Lee McCoy, harmonica and guitar.

Mailman, please stop by my box today
Mailman, please stop by my box today
You know, I'm lookin' for a letter from my baby, you know, I want to hear from her right away

Reason I ain't been gettin' no mail, you know, I done found out what it's all about
Reason I ain't gettin' no mail, you know, I done found out what it's all about
You know the mailman been gettin' drunk, he been leavin' my mail at somebody else's house

Now, I been waitin' on the mailman, he usually come along about 11 o'clock
Now, I been waitin' on the mailman, you know, he usually come along about 11 o'clock
Now, I guess he musta had car trouble, or either the road musta be blocked

Mailman, please don't you lose your head
Mailman, please don't you lose your head
You know, I'm lookin' for a letter from my babe, some of my people might be dead