Blind Dog Radio

Eagle Eyed Mama by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Eagle-Eyed Mama (21095-3) - Blind Lemon Jefferson,
Chicago c. January 1929, Pm 12739,
A position, pitched G#.

My woman got eyes like an eagle and she watches me all the time.
My woman got eyes like an eagle, watches me all the time.
The way she's followin' me around, Lord, there is goin' to be a crime.

Watches me all through the day, watches me all through the night.
Watch me all through the day, said, she watches me all through the night.
Keeps them eagle eyes on me till the good Lord brings daylight.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Papa Lemon's feelin' so blue.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Papa Lemon's feelin' so blue.
Eagle-eyed mama's worryin' me, what am I gonna do?

Dog in my back yard, oh Lordy how he can howl.
I said, there's a dog in my back yard, oh Lordy how he can howl.
I'm tryin' to quit that eagle-eyed woman, man, and I don't know how.

My eagle-eyed woman has got ways I can't explain.
My eagle-eyed woman, she's got ways that I can't explain.
If I ever leave her, I know she's goin' insane.