Blind Dog Radio

Leavin' Town Blues by Mississippi Joe Callicott

Leavin' Town Blues - Joe Callicott; rec. July 21, 1968 at Ardent Studios, Memphis, TN; Joe Callicott, vocals, guitar.

Goin' around town keep me let me down
Keep me straight baby
Keep me straight with you I won't do wrong

Goin' away to leave you hang crepe on your door
Won't be dead just comin' here no more ya got comin'..

I was born in Louisiana come through town
Look like to me ya didn't need me around
Born I was born I was born sweet baby good old boy leave town

Well that rooster crowed and the hen looked around
You sure got to run me down ah got, ah ya got to run me down
Got to run me down baby say the whole in town

I got to go (look out) I got to go my time done come

Well I woke up this morning the blues round my bread
I ate my breakfast blues got in my bread I got ah, they got in my bread
Say sometime I'm thinkin' baby I wish I was dead

I'm a poor boy lives and I try to live myself
Don't ya have nobody else to love, love you
I love you baby don't care what you do

I'm goin' on Memphis hang up my sign
Can't quit me no use of tryin' ain't no use of you tryin'
I love you woman if you keep your sober mind

Well your whiskey they're makin' now is most too strong
Drink much of it say you can't go long it's true well it's true
Well it's true sweet baby I ain't nothin' to you

I hate blue see Katy left town she left me standin' says round and round
I'm goin' leave town