Blind Dog Radio

Back Gnawing Blues by Ramblin' Thomas

Ramblin' Thomas - Back Gnawing Blues; Vestapol, lap-style slide.

I never loved but three womens in my life
I never loved but three womens in my life
My mother and my sister and my partner's wife

My mama told me when I was about twelve years old
My mama told me when I was about twelve years old
"Son, you're nothin' but a back-biter. May God rest your soul."

SPOKEN DURING SOLO: They called me back-biter. I am a back-biter. I'll bite any man in the back.

Gonna tell all of you women something, baby, you might not like
And I'm gonna tell all of you women something, baby, you might not like
I want to know if I can bite your man in the back

You might risk me, brother, but I will never risk you
Well, you might risk me, brother, but I will never risk you
If you 'low me a chance, I will gnaw your backbone half in two