Blind Dog Radio

Happy Blues by Tom Dickson

Happy Blues - Tom Dickson.
D position, standard tuning.

Just as happy, woman, as I can be
I'm just as happy, woman, as I can be
'Cause the woman I'm lovin's gone back to Kankakee

SOLO

Woman I'm lovin', done mistreated me
Honey, the woman I'm lovin' done mistreated me
Well, I love you, mama, but I'm gonna need your friend again

Treat me like someone you never seen
Well, you treat me like someone you never seen
Well, you treat me like someone you never seen

Blues ain't nothin', good man on your mind
Woman, the blues ain't nothin' but a good man on your mind
Well, they keep you worried, bothered all the time

When you see me with my head hung down
Well, it's when you see me with my head hung down
I ain't got the blues but another gal on my mind

I'm goin' away, baby, to see what you would do
I'm goin' away, baby, see what you would do
I've done all I could, can't get along with you

I went to the station, I looked up on the board
I went to the station, I looked up on the board
Well, my train ain't chere (sic), but it's somewhere on the road