Blind Dog Radio

Early Morning Blues by James Lowry

James Lowry - Early Morning Blues; E position, standard tuning.

INTRO SOLO

It was four o'clock one mornin' and the blues came rollin' 'round
It was four o'clock one mornin' when the blues came rollin' 'round
They rolled so doggone fast that it was soon all over town

I was thinkin' 'bout my baby, ev'y thing she say
Yes, I was thinkin' 'bout my baby, ev'ything she say
I was all by myself and there wasn't nobody there

SOLO

Yes, I love you, baby, tell I love you for my own
Yes, I love you, baby, and I love you for my own
'T'ain't nothin' in the street, mama, you can't get at home

Yes, I love you, baby, love you too doggone hard
Yes, I love you, baby, and I love you too doggone hard
Who knows how much I love you is only me and God

Yes, you know I love you, baby, is, why you treat me so unkind?
Yes, you know I love you, honey, so why you treat me so unkind?
Say, you keep me worried, bothered all the time

SOLO

NOTE:
James Lowry was a country blues singer and guitarist, who recorded at the radio station WBLT in Bedford, Virginia, in 1953.