Blind Dog Radio

A Letter From Father by The Guitar Evangelist (Edward W. Clayborn)

Rev. Edward W. Clayborn - A Letter From Father; Spanish tuning, with a slide.

I have a letter from my Father in my hand, in my hand
Written by my elder brother, it is grand, it is grand
It was written over the sea, and was forwarded unto me
And I'm happy as can be, in this land

SOLO

Father wrote me in that letter, "Things are grand, things are grand."
I couldn't make myself no better in this land, in this land
Then I cried, "What shall I do?", for I had not read it through
And it made me all anew in this land, in this land

INTERLUDE

I'm a stranger to the nation in this land, in this land
They don't know my situation, it is grand, it is grand
Father's rich to behold, he has wealth that can be told
And my kindred never get sold, in this land, in this land

INTERLUDE

I am a new creature in this land, in this land
I am free from condemnation, it is grand, it is grand
I can sing, shout and pray, and be happy every day
But my soul can't hardly stay in this land

SOLO

I am not afraid of dying in this land, in this land
I have a shot at Jesus coming, it is grand, it is grand
All this world's are good nights, but my Father pays the price
And I'm walking in the light in this land

SOLO