Blind Dog Radio

Uncle Sam Blues by Memphis Willie B.

Uncle Sam Blues - Memphis Willie B.,
G position, standard tuning w/harmonica.

You know, I've got bad news for you, little girl, I'm gonna tell you what it's all about
You know, I've got bad news for you, little girl, Lord, and I'm gonna tell you what it's all about
You know, Uncle Sam's havin' trouble overseas, and Lord, they want me to help him out

The doctor done okayed me, Lord, and I'm glad there was nothin' wrong
The doctor done okayed me, little girl, I'm glad there wasn't nothin' wrong
But only thing I hate, I got to leave you here alone

SOLO

I'm gonna get up early in the mornin', Lord, I got to check with my local Board
I got to get up early in the mornin', I got to check with my local Board
Lord, I'm so sorry, but, little girl, I got to go

Hold out, baby, maybe I'll be back someday
Hold out, baby, maybe I'll be back someday
Lord, don't let nobody drive my little girl astray

I know you hear that train wistle blowin', callin' little Willie, I know
Hear that train whistle blowin', callin' little Willie, I know
Baby, you know how it is, you know, I'm booked out and I'm bound to go

So now, bye-bye, little girl, don't forget to write
So bye-bye, little girl, don't forget to write
Lord, I be thinkin' of you, each, both dayr and night