Blind Dog Radio

Early One Morning by Dan Pickett

Early One Morning - Dan Pickett.
Dan Pickett, vocal and guitar in Vestapol, with a slide.

INTRO

Yes, early one mornin', when the blues came fallin' down
Oh, it was early one mornin', when the blues came fallin' down
Well, I was all locked up in jail, poor boy, oh Lord, was prisoner bound

INTERLUDE

When they had my trial, baby, honey, you could not be found
When they had my trial, baby, yeah, you could not even be found
Knowed I was all locked up in jail, and oh Lord, was prisoner bound

Now, you will never see my smilin' face again
Yes, you will never see my smilin' face again
Yes, you always remember, your daddy have been your friend

Once I had someone to love me, like I have learned to love
When I had someone to love me, like I have learned to love
Well, I would give my things up to the devil and my soul to the Lord above

Love is like a faucet, sometimes the water runs cold
Love is like a faucet, sometimes the water runs cold
And my baby treat me so mean, I have to move to my neighborhood