Blind Dog Radio

49 Highway Blues by Big Joe Williams

Big Joe Williams - 49 Highway Blues; Spanish tuning.

Well I get up in the morning, catch the Highway 49
Well, well, I'm gonna look for little Malvina, hoo, man, don't say she can not be found

I got a long tall woman, live on Highway 49 (Spoken: Aw, shucks, man!)
I got a long tall woman, hoo, live on Highway 49
Well, well, I get up in the mornin', hoo, Lord, boys, she down on my mind

Malvina, my sweet woman, she don't pay me no mind
Hoo, Lord, Malvina, she don't pay me no mind (Spoken: Play it, Joe, how you doin' it)
You got poor Joe walkin' down, woman, ooo, Lord, Highway 49

I'm gon' get up in the mornin', Malvina, I believe I'll dust my bed
Ooo, Lord, I'm gonna get up in the mornin', I believe I'll dust my bed
I'm gwine down Highway 49 border, I'm gonna be rockin' to my head

If you ever get the blues, catch the Highway 49 (Spoken: Play it now, boy, have some fun)
If you ever get the blues, catch the Highway 49
Well, Malvina, my sweet woman, ooo, Lord, boys, she don't pay me no mind

Soon this mornin', boys, I may roll in Jackson town
Soon this mornin', baby, I be rollin' in Jackson town
I done got tired of layin' around, walkin' the Highway 49

I'm standin' in Chicago today, mama, New Orlean on my mind (Spoken: Play it now, Joe, know you got the blues)
Hoo-hoo, Lord, standin' Chicago, New Orlean on my mind
Malvina, she my sweet woman, you on Highway 49