Blind Dog Radio

I Ain't Gonna Roll For The Big Hat Man No More by Joel Hopkins

I Ain't Gonna Roll for the Big Hat Man No More - Joel Hopkins,
EBEEBE tuning.

Says, I ain't gonna roll for the big hat man no more
Well, I ain't gonna roll for the big hat man no more
There's a good time here, but it's better down the road, better down the road,
Good Lord, Good Lord, Lordy, Lordy, Lord

I ain't gonna tell nobody what the Santa Fe dones to me
Ain't gon' tell nobody what the Santa Fe done to me
Well, it take my rider and it set back after me
Good Lord, Good Lord, Lord, Lordy, Lord

Say, my poor Mama died in nineteen and twenty-four
Yes, my poor Mama died in nineteen and twenty-four
Sleepin' a long dream, to never speak no more
Yeeeeeeees, she leavin' in the mornin' so I can never see 'er no more

Says, I love my rider, tell the world I do
Says, I love my rider, tell the world I do, tell the world I do
Well, I hope someday that she come to love me, too
Good Lord, Good Lord, Lordy, Lordy, Lord

Mmmmmmmmm, Lord, have mercy on me

If you take my rider, I won't get mad with you, won't get mad with you
Just like you takin' mine, I'll take someone's, too

Pleeeeeeease, baby, please not raise your hand
Say, please, ma'am, baby, said, please not raise your hand
'Cause, you know you leavin', you, on account of your man
Good Lord, Good Lord, Good Lord, Lordy, Lordy, Lord

Say, the blues ain't nothin' but a green man feelin' bad
Well, the blues ain't nothin' but a green man feelin' bad
You know, it must not a-been then, the worried blues I had

Gonna leave here walkin', talkin' to myself
Gonna leave here walkin', talkin' to myself
Talkin' to the woman I'm lookin' for, I don't want nobody else
Mmmmmm, Good Lord, Good Lord, Lordy, Lordy, Lord

Don't take my baby and I won't get mad with you
Don't take my baby and I won't get mad with you
Just like you taken mine, I'm gonna take someone's, too