WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

Sad News Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Sad News Blues (20772-2) - Blind Lemon Jefferson,
Chicago July 1928, Pm 12728,
C position and pitch.

I'm sittin here moanin', I have the letter here in my hand.
Mmmmm-mmmm-mmm, I've got a letter here in my hand.
My faro wrote to tell me, my baby's got a brand new man.

I'm miles away from home, I ain't got no railroad fare.
I'm miles away from home, I ain't got no railroad fare.
I'm gonna beat that B&O into Baltimore, for I heard my baby was there.

I was drinkin' all night, got up this mornin' sloppy drunk.
Drinkin' all night long, got up this mornin' sloppy drunk.
I would pack my things, but somebody done stole my trunk.

I met a brown last night, I tried to get her to ease my pain.
I met a brown last night, I tried to get her to ease my pain.
Said, "You ain't got no money, so don't come back here again."

It's sad news when your baby's tramplin' on you,
I say, it's sad news when your baby's tramplin' on you,
When you know you've been doin' the very best you could do.


Sad News Blues (21133-1) - Blind Lemon Jefferson,
Chicago c. January 1929, Pm 12728,
C position pitched at B.

I'm sittin' here moanin', got a letter here in my hand.
Mmmmm-mmmm-mmm, letter here in my hand.
My faro wrote to tell me, my baby's got a brand new man.

I'm miles away from home, I ain't got no railroad fare.
I'm miles away from home, I ain't got no railroad fare.
I'm gonna beat that B&O into Baltimore, because I know my baby is there.

I was drinkin' all night long, got up this mornin' sloppy drunk.
Drinkin' all night long, got up this mornin' sloppy drunk.
I would pack my clothes, somebody's done stole my trunk.

I met a brown last night, I tried to get her to ease my pain.
I met a brown last night, I tried to get her to ease my pain.
"You ain't got no money, don't come back here again."

It's sad news when your baby's tramplin' on you,
I say, it's sad news when your baby's tramplin' on you,
When you know you have done the very best you can do.