Blind Dog Radio

Rabbit Foot Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Rabbit Foot Blues (3089-1) - Blind Lemon Jefferson,
Chicago c. December 1926, Pm 12454,
A position pitched at Ab.

Blues jumped a rabbit, run him one solid mile.
Blues jumped a rabbit, run him one solid mile.
This rabbit set down, cryin' like a natural child.

Well, it seem like you're hungry, honey, come and lunch with me.
Seem like you're hungry, honey, come and lunch with me.
I wanna stop these nice-lookin' women from worryin' me.

I have Uneeda biscuits here and a half a pint o' gin.
Some Uneeda biscuits here and a half a pint o' gin.
The gin is mighty fine but them biscuits look a little too thin.

Baby, tell me somethin' 'bout there are meatless and wheatless days.
I wanna know about those meatless and wheatless days.
This not bein' my home, I don't think that I could stay.

That dried corn flour, indeed, I declare it was strong.
Well, that dried corn flour, indeed, I declare it was strong.
People feedin' me cornbread, I just can't stick around long.

Got an airplane, baby, now we're gonna get us a submarine.
An airplane, now we're gonna get us a submarine.
Gonna get that Kaiser and we'll be seldom seen.

Mmmm-mmm, hitch me to your buggy, mama, drive me like a mule.
Hitch me to your buggy and drive me like a mule.
Reason I'm goin' home with you, sugar, I ain't much hard to be fooled.