WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

Rabbit Foot Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Rabbit Foot Blues (3089-1) - Blind Lemon Jefferson,
Chicago c. December 1926, Pm 12454,
A position pitched at Ab.

Blues jumped a rabbit, run him one solid mile.
Blues jumped a rabbit, run him one solid mile.
This rabbit set down, cryin' like a natural child.

Well, it seem like you're hungry, honey, come and lunch with me.
Seem like you're hungry, honey, come and lunch with me.
I wanna stop these nice-lookin' women from worryin' me.

I have Uneeda biscuits here and a half a pint o' gin.
Some Uneeda biscuits here and a half a pint o' gin.
The gin is mighty fine but them biscuits look a little too thin.

Baby, tell me somethin' 'bout there are meatless and wheatless days.
I wanna know about those meatless and wheatless days.
This not bein' my home, I don't think that I could stay.

That dried corn flour, indeed, I declare it was strong.
Well, that dried corn flour, indeed, I declare it was strong.
People feedin' me cornbread, I just can't stick around long.

Got an airplane, baby, now we're gonna get us a submarine.
An airplane, now we're gonna get us a submarine.
Gonna get that Kaiser and we'll be seldom seen.

Mmmm-mmm, hitch me to your buggy, mama, drive me like a mule.
Hitch me to your buggy and drive me like a mule.
Reason I'm goin' home with you, sugar, I ain't much hard to be fooled.