Blind Dog Radio

Fair Weather Woman Blues by Gene Campbell

Fair Weather Woman Blues - Gene Campbell,
F position, standard tuning.

You can't tell me nothin' 'bout a woman, I know just what a woman will do
Can't tell me nothin' 'bout a woman, I know just what a woman will do
Wintertime they are true, summer, then they'll turn on you

When the snow starts to falling, they will all treat you so nice and kind
When the snow starts fallin', they'll treat you so nice and kind
But when the grass gets green, they will worry you off their mind

You can't love no woman like that, I don't see how you could
Can't love no woman like that, I don't see how you could
They call that lovin' you, but it don't mean me no good

When it gets below zero, they will tell you just any old thing
When it gets below zero, they will tell you just any old thing
But when the birds begin to sing, they'll put you in a sling

You can go to a gypsy, here's the first thing that gypsy will do
You can go to a gypsy, here's the first thing that gypsy will do
They'll look in your hand and say, "Your baby don't want you."

But you can't help but worrying, sleeping by yourself
Can't help but worrying, sleeping by yourself
And the woman that you love, sleeping with someone else