Blind Dog Radio

Gambler Blues (Gold Star version) by Lil' Son Jackson

Gambler Blues (Gold Star version) - Lil' Son Jackson,
DGDGBE tuning.

You know I once was gambler, but I bet my money wrong
You know I once was gambler, but I bet my money wrong
Now I ain't got no money, and all I got is gone

When you lose that doggone money set around with your head hang down
When you lose that doggone money and set around with your head hang down
You wake up in the morning with your face all full of frown

You know I'm through with gambling some Jack Stropper can have my room
Boys, I'm through with gambling some other hustler can have my room
Well, now drinking may kill me, but gambling won't be my doom

Well, I gambled so long till I thought that I would never change
Boys, I gambled so long till I thought I would never change
Well, I ain't gonna gamble no more, I swear I'm gonna save my change