Blind Dog Radio

D B Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

D B Blues (20821-1) - Blind Lemon Jefferson,
Chicago c. August 1928, Pm 12712,
E position pitched Eb.

(Oh, here come Lemon in that new Ford sedan. Oh, listen to the motor roar.)

Who is that comin', hey, with his motor so strong?
I say, who is that comin', hey, with his motor so strong?
That's Lemon and his DB, people thinks he's got his good luck on.

Gonna get out of my four-cylinder Dodge, I'm gonna get me a Super Six.
Get out of my four-cylinder Dodge, get me a Super Six.
I'm always 'round the ladies, and I likes to have my business fixed.

I'm crazy about a Packard, but my baby only rates a Ford.
I'm crazy about a Packard, my baby only rates a Ford.
A Packard is too expensive, Ford will take you where you want to go.

Come here, brownskin, listen to my motor roar.
Come here, fair brown, and listen to my motor roar.
Because my Super Six sufficient to take you where you want to go.

I never did like no horses, and I never could stand no seal.
I never did like no horses, I never could stand no seal.
Every since I'm old enough to catch a brown, they made the automobile.