Blind Dog Radio

Kassie Jones (Part 1) by Furry Lewis

Kassie Jones Part 1 – Furry Lewis.
In Spanish tuning.

I woke up this mornin', four o'clock
Mister Casey told his fireman get his boiler hot
Put on your water, put on your coal
Put your head out the window, see my drivers roll
See my driver roll
Put your head out the window, see my driver roll

Lord, some people said Mister Casey couldn't run
Let me just tell you what Mister Casey done
He left Memphis, it was quarter to nine
Got in Newport News, it was dinnertime
It was dinnertime
Got in Newport News, it was dinnertime

I've sold my gin, I've sold it straight
Police run me to my woman's gate
She come to the door, she nod her head
She made me welcome to the foldin' bed
To the foldin' bed
Made me welcome to the foldin' bed

Lord, the people said to Casey, "You're runnin' over time"
"You'll havin’ a collision with the one-o-nine"
Casey said, "This engine's mine
I'll run it in close just to make my time"
Said to all the passengers, "Better keep yourself hid
Natural' gon shake it like Chainey did
Like Chainey did
I’m natural' gon' shake it like Chainey did"

Mister Casey run his engine in [a miles of place]
Number four stabbed him in the face
The depot told Casey, "Well, you must leave town"
"Believe to my soul I'm Alabama bound"
"Alabama bound"

Instrumental break

"Believe to my soul I'm Alabama bound"

Missus Casey said she dreamt a dream
The night she bought her sewin' machine
The needle got broke, she could not sew
She loved Mister Casey, 'cause she told me so
Told me so
Loved Mister Casey, 'cause she told me so

There was a woman named Miss Alice Fry
Said, "I'm gonna ride with Mister Casey 'fore I die"
I ain't good looking but I takes my time
A rambling woman with a rambling mind
Got a rambling mind