Blind Dog Radio

The Complete Fire & Enjoy Sessions, Pt. 3 by Elmore James

Label: Collectables
Release Date: 1989
Releases: 1989, 2006
Recording Time: 37 minutes

Electric Blues, Electric Chicago Blues, Regional Blues, Slide Guitar Blues

Another solid Elmore James collection that finds him bouncing from laid-back piano-driven blues to all-out swinging rockers. A very uncluttered and stripped down set that features highlights of blues standards such as "It Hurts Me Too" and "Everyday I Have the Blues." There is not a bad track in the set, though three consecutive versions of "Mean Mistreatin' Mama,"all virtually identical, is a bit much.
by Matt Fink

Credits: Leroy Carr - composer; Peter Chatman - composer; Elmore James - composer, guitar, primary artist, vocals; Joe Josea - composer; Sam Ling - composer; London - composer; Memphis Slim - composer; George A. Moonoogian - liner notes; Bob Robinson - composer; Bobby Robinson - composer, producer; James Sehorn - composer; Jules Taub - composer.

Tracks: 1) Shake Your Moneymaker; 2) Mean Mistreatin' Mama (Take 1); 3) Mean Mistreatin' Mama (Take 2); 4) Mean Mistreatin' Mama (Take 3); 5) Sunnyland Train; 6) My Baby's Gone; 7) Find My Kind of Woman; 8) Hand in Hand (Take 1); 9) I've Got a Right to Love My Baby; 10) Every Day I Have the Blues; 11) It Hurts Me Too; 12) Talk to Me Baby; 13) Can't Stop Lovin' My Baby.